Thursday, December 1, 2011

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

I tried the Annie Sloan Chalk paint on a garage sale find that I found over the summer.  I have heard so many great things about the Annie Sloan Chalk paint so I wanted to try it on this cute piece of furniture.

 Sorry, I did not take "before" photos of this project. 

This was also one of my first time sanding a piece of furniture to give it some wear.  I need to practice on a few more items :)!

I applied one coat of Annie Sloan's Paris Grey Chalk paint first then it took two coats of Annie Sloan's White Chalk paint.  All coats dried really fast!  Once the last coat was dried then I started sanding it to give it the worn look.  I recommend you sand in an area where it can get messy or dust can fly.  The paint comes off of course like chalk dust.

Once I was done sanding then I wiped the dust off with a damp cloth and let dry.  Then I applied Annie Sloan's Clear Wax and rubbed it off.  I LOVED the results!

You can purchase Annie Sloan Chalk Paint at Brass Armadillo in Des Moines or directly from the distributor, TLC Vintage Collection  http://www.tlcvintagecollection.com/. 

2 comments:

  1. I have always wondered how that product might work out...looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just started using the ASCP myself... I've made a couple of very small projects and then actually did a freebie cabinet a couple of weeks ago. I too was surprised at how quickly it dries! I'm looking forward to using it for lots more projects, some even for Christmas gifts!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete