Sunday, August 21, 2011

Only At The Fair

Things seem to stop around here when it is Fair Time.  It cannot get any better than the Iowa State Fair!  The food, livestock, historic buildings, traditions and more.  I wanted to showcase some of the beauty from the one and only Fair.

Beautiful Monarch from the Butterfly Garden!


It was the 100th Anniversary of the Butter Cow at the Iowa State Fair.  There were over 100 decorated cows displayed around the fairgrounds.  Of course, this was my favorite because they repurposed junk into something that I wish was for sale.  It would look great in my garden!

The Agriculture Building is one of my favorite buildings.  I love it when they showcase the floral competitions.

Another cow!

And another cow made of sand! 

I would have shown you the various food we grazed on during the several days we were there but that would have only made you hungry.  So if you have not made it to the Iowa State Fair I would recommend you make plans to visit in 2012.  Now since the Fair season is over it is time to get back to repurposing my finds for the upcoming Fall shows.

2 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Go here to see my post, http://jandrzoo.blogspot.com/2011/08/versitile-blogger-award.html where you are listed! Love your blog and have been following (stalking) you for a while!! I love that you are a Iowa blogger and look forward to when you post about local activities so I can check them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creations by June - Thank you for nominating me for the award! That is so exciting! I love broadcasting great junkin' and fun outings in Iowa.

    ReplyDelete