Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Office Makeover

The last couple of weeks I have been working on redoing my office.  This should have only taken me four days at the most but I have been working on this project since Easter.  As you all know if you have small kids it takes more time to finish those projects.  My goal with this project was to lighten up the space, organize the space and give me more room to create. 

Here are the before (embarrassing) pictures:






The almost finished project pictures:

I just love the look of the gray.  It is so calming!  I also need to find a lampshade for my vintage white lamp!





I had a hard time finding white baskets that you see on the shelving.  I found the white baskets at KMart for $6.99.  This allowed me to hide the movies and misc. junk.



 
I found this "Junk" pillow at Junk Jubilee!


Now it is time to create!

4 comments:

  1. A lovely makeover! I'm in love with grey right now, and it sure brightened your studio up. How fun it will be to work in that 'new' space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of your space as I work on tables in the family room...I dream of my "someday" craft room/studio. Your's is great!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful space. If I had this area all to myself, I'd never, ever come out. It's amazing how much more creative we can be when we're organized. I love all those fun jewelry displays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful...I am sure your energy level for creating is very high right now! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete