Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

It is fantastic to see designers using thrift and salvage items in their design scheme.  I came across Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting on the Nate Berkus Show.  He transforms thrift items into special pieces for his clients.  

You can check out the Nate Berkus' video:
http://www.thenateshow.com/videos/detail/2387/mr-goodwill-huntings-design-challenge/

This is some of his Before and Afters:






~via Mr. Goodwill Hunting~

http://www.rashoncarraway.com/

Now doesn't this get you excited to find some treasures at garage sales or at your local thrift store!

5 comments:

  1. Love your blog posts, Tricia! Keep up the great work!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lamp is my favorite, what a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no....we can't have designers showing people these beautiful transformations....everyone will be at the thrift store now :) I love how that sofa turned out.
    I've been busy catching up on your previous posts.....love the crib springs painted white and used as a jewelry holder. I saw one of these just this past week at a big junk/antique store. I thought about buying it for a memo board but it wasn't priced and I really don't have any more walls to hang it! It's just perfect for your jewelry.
    Your office makeover is fantastic! Love, love, love the gray. I have a gallon of gray paint for my son's bedroom (I've had it for a month now). I really want to get it painted....seeing your room has motivated me!
    Have a great weekend.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete