Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting A Little Crafty

I want to display the number "35" in Vintage no. 35's booth at Junk Jubilee and I just love the moss covered items that I see in boutiques.  So I decided that I could cover numbers with moss and save so much money by doing it myself.  I started out by cutting large numbers out of a cardboard box.

I found this moss roll at Michael's for $12.99 but if you use your 40% off coupon it is a great deal!


I laid my cut-out numbers on the moss and cut the moss just outside the perimeter so it gave me enough room to fold it up over the edges and glue the moss onto the cardboard.


Here is how the "5" turned out!  I am going to hang the numbers with some ribbon.  This was such an inexpensive project that had the "wow" effect and it so much fun for spring.  You will have to see the finishing touches at Junk Jubilee!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea...how about making other words too!
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of words as well. I want to do something for my front porch such as a moss covered bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!! I love this!!! I might have to do it around my house! Hmm, what word do I want to cover in moss??

    ReplyDelete