Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Betsy" The Dress Form


I found my 2nd dress form on Craigslist for $25 and was so excited to get her.  However, she was missing a stand and therefore she had been laying on the front porch swing for awhile until I took her to a blacksmith shop to get a stand. 


This buffet was my grandparent's and it had peeling paint (oil based paint) when I got it several years ago.  This past Fall I sanded it down to get the oil based paint off of it and then added a primer.  The last thing was to paint the buffet and spray paint the handles black.  Just love this piece! 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful spot for Betsy to show off!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it just take your breath away when you discover such wonderful treaures? There's nothing like the find!
    I visited your blog via Junkologie. So glad to have found your charming site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting my blog! I always get excited about that great find. The story behind the letter "H" is that I found it at flea market for $40 and it came from a theater in Chicago. My heart did stop when I found this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving the H as well! We used to have a bunch of letters for sale and once we sold all of them we have not been able to find any since:( Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete