Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Finds

I did a little junkin' this weekend.  I found some great stuff and wanted to share them with you. 
I fell in love with the colors of this old quilt.  It is not in perfect condition but that is what gives it character. 


I love the vintage quilt pieces.  It was a great find!


Sorry for the poor pictures of the jewelry!  I just cleaned the jewelry and keys.  I am looking forward to diving in and making a few new necklace creations.  

Chippy paint and galvanized metal is a weakness for me!  The believe the metal box used to be a milk jar holder for the homes. 

I took my parents with me to their first flea market and they ended up loving it.  My dad was not too sure in the beginning but once he got there he was into it.  He ended up buying some old metal toys for display as well as bicycle bookends.  Thanks dad and mom for going and especially for dad as he ended up being the runner to take our purchases to the car. 

4 comments:

  1. You got some good junk! So much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome finds! I love that metal milk jar holder. I'm totally jealous of those vintage keys! I would love to make a necklace with a couple hanging on a chain. I have a necklace like that (but it's from Target, so not as cool as vintage). I will have to keep an eye out for keys next time I go junkin'! Hope you post a blog about the jewelry you make, I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you get these from anywhere special??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flea market and a couple of antique stores.

    ReplyDelete