Sunday, January 16, 2011

Summer At Tiffany

When I have a little time to read (which isn't much since I am a stay at home mom to a 5 year old and 23 month old) I try to read a chapter or two from a great book.  Who would not want to pick up a book up with "Tiffany's" in the title?

I would like to imagine me reading a book on this with a wonderful white cozy blanket.  However, I am usually laying in bed at 11pm reading a chapter.


I have to say this was one of those books that I wanted to pick up during every spare moment. It is a true story about a young lady, Marjorie Hart (who is also the author), and her best friend, Marty Garrett’s, summer that they spent away from Iowa to experience New York City where they landed jobs at Tiffany & Co. The story takes place in 1945 and is the next best thing to a time machine for those of us who are captivated by that era and all things Tiffany & Co.

I have to admit that I have never been in a Tiffany's store but I hope to someday and maybe take something home like Marjorie.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I love that era! Simpler, safer, a time when everyone "dressed", every day! I'm going to get that book. Thanks for sharing!

    Sheila

    p.s. I treated myself this Christmas to a silver cuff from Tiffany's! I felt I deserved it after knitting orders 24/7 for three months straight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book! I think I may have to pick it up... probably after I read the other 10 sitting in my cabinet lol.

    I have always loved Tiffany's; I planned a Tiffany's bridal shower for a friend and their stuff is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete