Sunday, December 5, 2010

One-Of-A-Kind Ornaments

I am in love with vintage glass ornaments.  The color, the design, the history and the worn look makes them so appealing.  They not only look great on the Christmas tree but I love to use them in vases, crystal bowls, antique silver platters and anywhere else that needs a little sparkle. 


These were the only ornaments my grandmother used on her Christmas tree with the big multi-colored light bulbs.  Talk about a retro vintage look!  I look back at that look now and I appreciate it so much more than I did then.  And I also appreciate the few pieces that I do have that she once hung on her Christmas tree.

Do you have a favorite ornament that hangs on your tree?

1 comment:

  1. I too love and collect the vintage ornaments. I have a small amount of my grandmothers also..I am very careful with those precious memories. I must say that it is hard for me to choose just one favorite.

    I spy several from your collection that I own too. I appreciate the ones with the paper tops, undoubtedly from the war time.

    Thanks for sharing your pretties.

    ReplyDelete